We are continuing to take our articles to the next level!
We are proud to announce that we have started converting some of our articles into an app that will allow you to make the most of them: in this app, our articles are GPS-powered! We have teamed up with GPSmyCity to make our content available in a format that lets you take yourself on a self-guided tour of the cities we have written about (and many more)!
In a nutshell, instead of reading our articles 5 times in a row to try and remember our best tips, instead of downloading our free interactive maps and trying to navigate from pin to pin, now, you can just let your smartphone GPS guide you in the city you are visiting through our articles (or others from other fellow travel writers). Combine the ease of use of the GPS with the depth of our articles to travel smart!
How does it work?
In the article, the GPS coordinates of the places mentioned are embedded so that your smartphone turns into a personal tour guide following the route described in the article.
Each travel article turned city walk comes with a detailed travel route plotted on an offline map, so you can explore on your own.
You can also create your own custom walking tour by selecting only your pins of interest from the article on the map and by letting GPSmyCity guide you there.
The benefits to you
- Once downloaded on the GPSmyCity app, the articles and maps are available offline [save data and roaming fees].
- On top of our second-to-none articles and tips, other fellow travel writers are featured so that you can choose the best tour for your specific need [multiple walks & articles in each city].
- Whether you are interested in landmarks or off-the-beaten path hidden gems, do not get lost! You will always see right where you are on the map and be guided to each subsequent location [detailed walk route map with turn-by-turn directions].
How to take advantage of it?
- Click on one of the following links of the next section to see our sample articles in the GPSmyCity app and get started.
- If you have not already downloaded the free GPSmyCity app, you will be prompted to do so.
- After downloading the app, you will be directed to the article:
- you can upgrade to get the GPS-guided version of one article for a flat fee per article
- you can get unlimited downloads of the GPS-guided version of any article available in the app (over 6000) for a yearly fee
- if you stick to the free version, the article will be uploaded in the app so that you can read it for free and offline [but it will not be GPS-powered]
List of our articles available in GPSmyCity
- Barcelona, Spain:
- Madrid, Spain
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Cape Town, South Africa:
- Offbeat Cape Town, beyond the Waterfront and Table Mountain
- District Six museum: a commemoration ground
- Zeitz Mocaa, the new pride of Cape Town
- Prins & Prins: beyond the diamonds, a treasure box with gems from the past
- Behind the scenes in Kirstenbosch
- Historical V&A Waterfront Walk in Cape Town
- 72 Hours in Cape Town
- Oslo, Norway
- Top 15 most instagrammable spots in NYC
- Uncovering a time capsule at the Tenement Museum
- The Morgan Library: a must-see jewel
- Exploring NYC and paying tribute to 9/11
- Visit 193 countries in 1 day & get your passport stamped to prove it!
- Way more than a hologram!
- Exploring San Francisco: Landmarks & offbeat places
- 5 days in San Francisco
- Alcatraz: the rock still standing in ever changing times
- Panama City, Panama
- Abu Dhabi & Dubai, UAE
- 48 hours in Vientiane, Laos
Please, let us know how you like it!
Claire Lessiau & Marcella van Alphen