Article updated on November 21, 2022
Text: Marcella van Alphen
Take our articles to the next level: with you on the go thanks to GPSmyCity!
We have been partnering with GPSmyCity, an application that allows its users to make the most of travel-related articles and city guides when exploring a new city. In this app, our articles are GPS-powered and our partner, GPSmyCity offers you a one-year free premium membership in order for you to enjoy the articles and guides in the app!
In a nutshell, instead of reading our articles five times in a row to try and remember our best tips, instead of downloading our free interactive maps and trying to navigate from pin to pin, now, you can just let your smartphone GPS guide you in the city you are visiting through our articles (or others from other fellow travel writers). Combine the ease of use of the GPS with the depth of our articles to travel smart!
How does it work?
In the article, the GPS coordinates of the places mentioned are embedded so that your smartphone turns into a personal tour guide following the route described in the article.
Each travel article turned into a city walk comes with a detailed travel route plotted on an offline map, so you can explore on your own.
You can also create your own custom walking tour by selecting only your pins of interest from the article on the map and by letting GPSmyCity guide you there.
The benefits to you
- Once downloaded on the GPSmyCity app, the articles and maps are available offline [save data and roaming fees].
- On top of our second-to-none articles and tips, other fellow travel writers are featured so that you can choose the best tour for your specific need [multiple walks & articles in each city].
- Whether you are interested in landmarks or off-the-beaten path hidden gems, do not get lost! You will always see right where you are on the map and be guided to each subsequent location [detailed walk route map with turn-by-turn directions].
How to take advantage of it?
- Click on one of the following links of the next section to see our sample articles in the GPSmyCity app and get started.
- If you have not already downloaded the free GPSmyCity app, you will be prompted to do so.
- After downloading the app, you will be directed to the article:
- you can upgrade to get the GPS-guided version of one article for a flat fee per article
- you can get unlimited downloads of the GPS-guided version of any article available in the app (over 6000) for a yearly fee
- if you stick to the free version, the article will be uploaded in the app so that you can read it for free and offline [but it will not be GPS-powered]
How to claim your free one-year premium membership?
- Download the GPSmyCity app.
- Proceed to the Account screen to register GPSmyCity user account.
- Go to More screen and Feedback to send an e-mail to GPSmyCity BEFORE November 28 with the following claim code: 24791121.
- As soon as GPSmyCity had received your e-mail, your premium membership will be activated on your user account!
Explore these destinations like a pro (newly converted articles)
- Tallinn in 12 Interesting Facts!
- Off the Beaten Path in Leuven, Belgium
- In the Footsteps of Olaf the Bloody, Trondheim
- The Vibes of Trondheim and its Must-Visits
- Truly Experience Delft Blue at Royal Delft
- 12 Interesting Facts About Delft
- Antwerp: a Must for Book Lovers
- 72 Hours in Bergen
- The Harbour of Antwerp Through Past and Present
- Let Rubens Guide You in his Hometown Antwerp
List of our articles available in GPSmyCity
- Barcelona, Spain:
- Madrid, Spain
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Cape Town, South Africa:
- Offbeat Cape Town, beyond the Waterfront and Table Mountain
- District Six museum: a commemoration ground
- Zeitz Mocaa, the new pride of Cape Town
- Prins & Prins: beyond the diamonds, a treasure box with gems from the past
- Behind the scenes in Kirstenbosch
- Historical V&A Waterfront Walk in Cape Town
- 72 Hours in Cape Town
- Oslo, Norway
- Top 15 most instagrammable spots in NYC
- Uncovering a time capsule at the Tenement Museum
- The Morgan Library: a must-see jewel
- Exploring NYC and paying tribute to 9/11
- Visit 193 countries in 1 day & get your passport stamped to prove it!
- Way more than a hologram!
- Exploring San Francisco: Landmarks & offbeat places
- 5 days in San Francisco
- Alcatraz: the rock still standing in ever changing times
- Panama City, Panama
- Abu Dhabi & Dubai, UAE
Please, let us know how you like it!