The Monteverde butterfly garden is a fantastic place to admire butterflies and learn more about them and other insects.
The four stages of the life of a butterfly can be observed, from:
- the eggs solidly glued by the female underneath a leaf,
- to the larva (caterpillar),
- the pupa (chrysalis) and of course
- the adult butterfly.
The latter can be observed flying around and feeding on nectar of tropical flowers in one of the four habitats present at the butterfly garden.
Claire & Marcella
- We strongly recommend you to visit the Monteverde Butterfly Garden where the passionate staff will take you through four butterfly gardens representing different habitats.
- Take our funny quiz! about insects to test yourself!
- Check out this interactive map (quick tutorial) for the specific details and more articles and photos (zoom out) about the area!
More to experience in Costa Rica: