We are thrilled to be nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is handed out by bloggers to other bloggers. It’s a way to promote new blogs in order to get more recognition throughout the blogging community: thank you Cathy at http://roarloud.net/ for nominating us!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions we got:
- What is your favorite photo you have on your blog and why?
Tough one! We both love taking photos and there are many we really like… We both have our own favorite one:
- Marcella shot that woodpecker in the wild in Sweden.
- Claire shot the messy Buddha needing a bib on the remote island of Shikoku, in Japan.
- What do you want your readers to know about you?
Most travel blogs bore us to tears as we don’t care about at what time people woke up, whether they had a chocolate chip cookie or a bowl of rice for breakfast, and whether they had the 8:05 or 8:15 train after having a good night sleep. We challenge each other constantly to keep our content interesting, informative, and eclectic as we cover a wide variety of topics, and our pictures top notch. We want our readers to feel like they are traveling with us, as travellers and not as tourists.
- Why did you start blogging?
We started blogging to take our loved ones who can’t travel with us to show them the world through our eyes. Secondly we aim at broadening people’s horizons, bridging the gap between cultures, informing, and inspiring.
- How do you display or keep memories from travels (photos, journals…)?
We both used to write in notebooks and glue entrance tickets and more. But, this was before the blog! We are not big on owning stuff, as they get bulky when traveling! Our blog itself is a collection of our articles and best pictures.
- Share a travel story, can be funny, scary or just your favorite story.
Of course, our favorite stories are on the blog:
- Share a link to your favorite blog, note why it is.
Our favorite would be the one about stuga hopping on the Höga Kusten, Sweden. We wrote it together in a stuga (hut), with the fire running while it was pouring outside. We have had many thankful messages from hikers preparing their trips to Sweden.
- Which social media is your favorite and why? Share link to that media.
Facebook would be our favorite one: rather easy to share photos, articles and comments with potentially more than 1 billion users. We would like to hear more from other fellow bloggers on what works best for them!
- What is your favorite travel tip?
As two female travellers, we would say: Trust your instinct!
- What is your favorite travel app?
Easy one: maps.me! We found out about maps.me while preparing our 6-week trip to Japan, including 3 weeks road tripping. It is a fantastic app that prevented us from getting lost (only 2 U-turns in 2917km on Japanese roads), roaming, buying many road and hiking maps! So great we wrote a blog post about it!
- On trips do you relax and hit the beach, are you an active adventurer or a combination. Share a story if you would like.
We are active and eclectic adventurers, so relaxing by the beach often turns out to be a day of surfing, scuba diving, kite surfing, snorkelling, running along it, or anything else active to do on that beach!!
- Your choice- pick a question you want to answer, the more unique the better!
Let’s go for an easy one: which countries have we travelled to?
Both of us, separately have visited 44 countries, as best regards from far, we have blogged about 5 countries for the past 5 months, and adding some more very soon.
Here is the list of our nominees:
- Mukul Chand from https://enchantedforests.wordpress.com
- Willis J. Kier from https://introversioninc.wordpress.com
- Estelea from https://frenchtouchincebu.wordpress.com/about
- Batuhan from http://elderpipe.com/about-me
- Mr. and Ms. Wada from http://the-wadas.com
- Matthew Scott from https://sunhex.wordpress.com
- Sandra from http://travelbysan.nl
- Steve and Charlie from http://bitjealous.com
- Julien Bourdon from http://blog.odigo.travel
- Nidhi & Nikhil from https://adventureunbound.wordpress.com
- Mandy and Pieter from http://wewantadventure.com
Instructions for nominees:
- Create a blog post on your site answering the questions we have for you below.
- In your post, link back to our blog that nominated you: Marcella & Claire @ www.bestregardsfromfar.com.
- After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees: list and link 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers.
- Provide them with these instructions.
- Create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
- Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so that we can read your answers.
Questions for nominees:
- First of all, why do you keep a travel blog?
- What has been your favourite travel destination and why?
- How much time do you spend blogging?
- If you can choose a country to live in for 6 months, where would you go and why?
- Which one do you think is the most efficient social media for you to communicate about your blog?
- Copy the link to your favourite blogpost and explain why this one.
- What do you always take along with you on the road?
- If you had only one address to share (restaurants, coffee shops, hotel, hostel, etc) with other travellers, which one would it be?
- What is your favourite picture you took? Please add this beauty!
- How do you choose your destinations?
- How many countries did you travel to?
Claire & Marcella